Level 2 - Kitesurf Coaching - [DESTINATION]
- You have taken lessons before and need extra help to get started on the water.
- You are a snowkiter and have never tried kiting on water before.
- You know how to kite, but want personal coaching to learn tricks and improve your riding style.
- Water start, kiting upwind, transitions, first jumps.
Who is this course for?
- SUMMER: This level is designed for those of you that have passed a level 1 course, and want personal coaching to learn your first water-start, to ride upwind or to start jumping. Your coach will start at your level and lead you to progression. He or she will create an encouraging learning platform where it’s important that we have as much fun as possible when out kiting.
- WINTER: Level 2 course snowkiting will be taught in small groups and is for those who have taken a beginner course but needs extra help to feel safe and independent.
What will I be learning?
- SUMMER: Whether you are dreaming about your first boardstart, upwind riding or jumping, this is the course for you. Your personal coach will focus on you becoming a better kiter, and inspire you to improve your riding style.
- WINTER: Better kite control, how to ride upwind, safety (self rescue), how to be a more independent kiter, weather and wind, priority rules etc.
Depending on your level, we will teach you following:
- The water-start. Learn how to get up on the board.
- Upwind riding. How to continue kiting without ending up at the bottom of the beach each time.
- Kite safety
- Do you know how to do a self-rescue? Are your launching and landing skills good enough?
- Priority rules
- How to behave in the water, how to handle the crowd and how to pass other kiters in the water.
- Individual coaching
- The coach will see these things you need to improve on and tell you what to do different in order to take your kiting to the next level.
- Your first jumps and rotations. If you are ready for it…!
- Better kite control, how to ride upwind, safety (self rescue), how to be a more independent kiter, weather and wind, priority rules etc.
What is the difference between level 2 and BASIC?
The basic package requires that you are an independent kiter, who don´t need extra help to get started on the water. In the level 2-course, you will have a personal coach who will help you to progress during the week.
I have kited once before with a friend, should I pick level 1 or 2?
We would normally advise you to take level 1 if you haven´t had any lessons before. Safety and basic knowledge about kiting, gear and spots is important to start kiting.
I don’t have my own equipment, can I still join?
Yes. Kite equipment is included during the lessons in Esposende, and can be rented during the lessons in Sardinia and at Haukeliseter. We will provide you with the equipment necessary to kite at the given location depending on the wind strength each day. Kite gear is not included outside the lessons, but can be rented if your level is good enough to control a kite by yourself.
What is the difference between level 2 at the summer camps and at the winter camp?
The level 2 course is for kiters who have taken lessons before, but need extra coaching and guidance to get started independently. At the summer camps, you will have a personal coach who will teach you from the level you are at. This means that also kiters who want to use the coaching hours to learn freestyle, jumps and advanced improvements, also can choose this package. The winter edition of level 2 will be taught in small groups, for kiters who want extra instruction to feel safe and to continue on their own after the lessons.